Spanish Immersion offered at CCCC-Chatham
College & Community
PITTSBORO - Central Carolina Community College will launch an innovative Spanish Immersion program at its Chatham County Campus during the fall semester.
"The one-week Spanish Immersion program has been designed to give an intensive and authentic experience," said Carl Thompson, CCCC-Chatham director of Continuing Education. "It will be filled with opportunities to learn the Spanish language in a practical and applicable manner."
The groundbreaking program will benefit professionals, students, and others interested in applying the Spanish language in their work, personal experiences, and in the community.
The program offers an optional stay with a host family, and day excursions to enjoy the area while mingling with local residents. Students will apply the lessons they learn in real-life situations, have authentic meals, and engage in conversations in class and with residents in various settings.
The program is believed to be the first of its kind at a community college in North Carolina. It is not an introductory program for beginners, but is designed for individuals with some familiarity with Spanish through personal experience, high school or college courses.
A team of instructors with rich and varied experience in speaking and teaching Spanish will teach the class. They have the knowledge and abilities to interact with students, who will emerge from the program with an enhanced skill in speaking and reading in Spanish.
The Spanish Immersion program will run Oct. 21-26. The registration fee is $250. The host family optional stay will cost an additional $250, which will include two meals per day, plus board. Space is limited, so call the CCCC Continuing Education Department in Chatham County at 919-545-8044 to secure a place.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- Central Carolina receives $2.2 million new TRiO grants
- CCCC Library awarded grant for Harnett Campus
- Constitution Day will be observed at CCCC Harnett Campus
- Community Colleges, Independent Colleges and Universities Sign Revised Agreement Improving the Transfer Process
- Constitution Day will be observed at CCCC Chatham Campus
- CCCC Small Business Center will host Harnett Business Summit
- CCCC VMT program celebrates 50th year of service
- CCCC's Upward Bound Math and Science program sets students on college course
- CCCC nursing graduates find new home at Central Carolina Hospital
- CCCC ranked among best in state, nation