CCCC awarded grant from RPM Foundation
click image to enlarge ⊗
In the Central Carolina Community College Automotive Restoration program, students get extensive hands-on ... (more)
SANFORD - Central Carolina Community College has been awarded $12,000 from The RPM Foundation to fund scholarships in Automotive Restoration.
In the CCCC Automotive Restoration program, students get extensive hands-on training in metal and plastic body restoration, wood and steel component fabrication, automotive engines and drive trains, painting and refinishing, automobile upholstery, electrical systems, and welding. Graduates can earn either a Diploma or Certificate in Automotive Restoration.
RPM Foundation (RPM) is an education grant-making program of America's Automotive Trust (AAT). RPM is funded by collector vehicle and classic boat enthusiasts to serve youth and young adults on their pathways to careers in automotive/marine restoration and preservation along with the long-term interests of the collector vehicle and classic boat communities. Visit www.rpm.foundation for more information.
Students successfully completing the CCCC Automotive Restoration program will be able to:
- Recognize the major technological systems of the automobile.
- Explain authentic antique automobile restoration materials, methods, and techniques.
- Identify historical automotive research material sources, methods, and techniques necessary to complete and document historically accurate automotive restoration.
- Use materials and tools necessary to complete authentic automobile restoration work.
- Demonstrate the attitudes, knowledge, and skills necessary to pursue a successful business career in antique automobile restoration.
- Recognize the historical role of the automobile in modern society.
- Identify related and supporting scientific fields.
For more information on the scholarships, contact CCCC Foundation Executive Director Emily Hare at 919-718-7230 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Central Carolina Community College's Automotive Restoration Technology program, visit the website www.cccc.edu/curriculum/
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017