CCCC joins SECU for scholarship opportunity
SANFORD - A scholarship to help remove financial barriers for students seeking to gain new and/or upgrade current job related skills has been established by Central Carolina Community College, the State Employees' Credit Union, and the SECU Foundation.
The $750 award would be applied to the student's account to pay for registration and certification fees, books, course supplies, and other education expenses.
To be considered for this scholarship program, a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident living in the college's service area (Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties).
- Be in one of the following target groups: unemployment insurance claimants, unemployed and underemployed adults, member of the N.C. National Guard, or military veterans and spouses. Underemployed is defined as individuals earning 200 percent below the federal poverty level.
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program that ends by May 21 and leads to an occupational-specific, state-regulated, or industry-recognized credential that is offered through Continuing Education.
- Not be a Director, employee, or family member of an employee of the State Employees' Credit Union or SECU Foundation.
- Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs.
Applications, which are due April 7, are available at the following locations -- the CCCC Student Support Center on the Lee Main Campus, and at the CCCC Continuing Education offices at the Chatham Main Campus and Harnett Main Campus. To download the application, visit www.cccc.edu/ecd/scholarships.
For more information on the scholarship, call CCCC's Student Support Center at 919-718-7500.
For more information on CCCC, visit the college's website at www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017