Fresh Start program designed for former offenders
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD -- Central Carolina Community College is offering a Fresh Start program, which is designed for former offenders and is open to all adults.
The next Fresh Start class begins June 2 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Lifelong Learning Center at W.B. Wicker, Room 108B, 900 S. Vance St., Sanford.
Fresh Start provides participants with the opportunity to gain the knowledge to sell their skills and impress employers.
The program consists of three steps:
- Cognitive Behavior Training, which helps students understand the thoughts and feelings that influence behaviors. During the course, students will learn how to identify and change destructive or disturbing thought patterns that have a negative influence on behavior.
- Basic Computer Skills, which allows students to develop basic computer skills through the use of technology to find information on occupations, career, job searches, and career exploration. Students are able to prepare for the NC Career Readiness Certification.
- Employability Skill Building, which addresses resume building, cover letters, interviewing skills, job search, application processes, communication skills, and networking for employment.
Fee waivers may be available to individuals who are unemployed or underemployed.
For more information on Central Carolina Community College, visit www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017