CCCC has Pinning Ceremony for Dental Hygiene students
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
click image to enlarge ⊗
Members of the Central Carolina Community College Dental Hygiene Class of 2015 are pictured, left ... (more)
SANFORD -- The 11 graduating students from the Central Carolina Community College School of Dental Hygiene were saluted with a Pinning Ceremony on May 12 at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center.
Program Director Vicky Wesner introduced the following graduating students during the Pinning Ceremony: Lisa Buxton (Pittsboro), Stephanie Damery (Angier), Brittanie Doornbos (Erwin), Scott Duff (Sanford), Aleesha Gardner (Pine Bluff), Cheryl King (Spring Lake), Amber Loveless (Dunn), Ashley Parker (Pittsboro), Kimberly Rains (Carthage), Evelyn Smith-Sutton (Raleigh), and Tiffany Streeter (Fort Bragg).
Lisa Baker, CCCC Dean of Health Sciences, talked about the accomplishments of the class.
"Together as a team, in 624 clinical hours, you have provided over $183,157.92 worth of preventive dental care at no cost to the patients just by meeting the minimum patient care requirements of the program and we all know that each of you did much more than the minimum," said Baker. "These accomplishments have provided our community with access to care that they would not otherwise have been able to obtain and invaluable referrals to receive additional dental care.
"On top of a very rigorous program, you have completed over 130 community service hours providing free dental care and patient education," said Baker. "You should be proud of all that you have accomplished."
Baker encouraged the graduates to continue to love what they do and face each day with the same determination and passion as they displayed during the dental hygiene program. "This profession is what you make of it. I have loved every minute of, first and foremost, being a dental hygienist and having the opportunity of being a dental hygiene educator because this profession has enabled me to be a part of your journey and the care that you will provide to your patients," she said.
"I know that each of you will take what you have learned here at CCCC and go out into the world of professional dental hygiene practice as an ambassador of our program and a champion for your patients," said Baker.
The following awards were presented:
- Sigma Phi Alpha membership -- National Dental Hygiene Honor Society: Scott Duff.
- Table Clinic Award: Scott Duff, Kimberly Rains, and Lisa Buxton.
- North Carolina Dental Hygiene Academy of Advanced Studies Student Award: Stephanie Damery.
- Dr. Ray Tseng Community Dental Hygiene Award: Kimberly Rains.
- Hu-Friedy Golden Scaler Award: Ashley Parker.
- Markie Thomas RDH Professionalism and Leadership Award: Scott Duff.
- Purple Heart Award: Cheryl King.
- STAR (Student Total Achievement Recognition) Award: Tiffany Streeter.
For more information on the Central Carolina Community College Dental Hygiene program, contact Lora Jackson, CCCC Dental Programs Admissions Counselor, at 919-718-7234 or email email@example.com.
For more information on Central Carolina Community College, visit www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017