CCCC's Red Clay Review calls for entries
SANFORD - Turn on your computer or sharpen your pencil - Central Carolina Community College's Red Clay Review is seeking submissions for its 2013 edition.
The Red Clay Review is the college's annual literary and visual arts magazine that highlights the talents not only of CCCC students, but also those of the greater CCCC community. Those associated with the college in the past or present as well as past or current residents in the college's service area of Chatham, Harnett and Lee counties are invited to submit writing and/or two-dimensional art for the Review.
"Food" is the theme for the 2013 Review, so poetry, short fiction, creative non-fiction, and two-dimensional art related in some way to food can be submitted for consideration.
The deadline for submissions is May 15. Send submissions and inquiries to email@example.com or contact Summerlin Page, CCCC English instructor and Review editor, at 919-718-7270. The magazine will be published in the fall.
Prizes will be awarded to the top submissions in the poetry, prose, and cover art categories.
Additional submission guidelines are:
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Prose submissions (fiction or creative non-fiction) are limited to 1,500 words and should be typed and double-spaced. There is a limit of two entries per writer.
- Poetry is limited to three submissions per writer. Poems must have no more than 80 lines.
- Write the submitter's name, address, and phone number in the upper left-hand corner of only the first page of each submission.
- Electronic submissions in .docx or .rtf format are required for prose and poetry categories.
- Cover contest submissions must be 2-D art in a high quality digital file. There is a limit of three submissions per person.
"Red Clay Review brings the community and college together in a celebration of written and visual arts, and it also offers an opportunity for both seasoned writers and those just starting out to present their work," said Page. "As always, we are excited about the upcoming edition and pleased to see interest and submissions continue to increase. We've received great material already and hope many more writers and artists will contribute."
- Admin, Faculty & Staff
- Arts & Entertainment
- College & Community
- College General
- Continuing Education
- Curriculum Programs
- Distance Education Programs
- Lee Early College
- Special Events
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014