CCCC's Red Clay Review calls for entries
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
click image to enlarge ⊗
Summerlin Page (left), Central Carolina Community College English instructor and Red Clay Review editor, ... (more)
SANFORD - Turn on your computer or sharpen your pencil - Central Carolina Community College's Red Clay Review is seeking submissions for its 2013 edition.
The Red Clay Review is the college's annual literary and visual arts magazine that highlights the talents not only of CCCC students, but also those of the greater CCCC community. Those associated with the college in the past or present as well as past or current residents in the college's service area of Chatham, Harnett and Lee counties are invited to submit writing and/or two-dimensional art for the Review.
"Food" is the theme for the 2013 Review, so poetry, short fiction, creative non-fiction, and two-dimensional art related in some way to food can be submitted for consideration.
The deadline for submissions is May 15. Send submissions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Summerlin Page, CCCC English instructor and Review editor, at 919-718-7270. The magazine will be published in the fall.
Prizes will be awarded to the top submissions in the poetry, prose, and cover art categories.
Additional submission guidelines are:
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Prose submissions (fiction or creative non-fiction) are limited to 1,500 words and should be typed and double-spaced. There is a limit of two entries per writer.
- Poetry is limited to three submissions per writer. Poems must have no more than 80 lines.
- Write the submitter's name, address, and phone number in the upper left-hand corner of only the first page of each submission.
- Electronic submissions in .docx or .rtf format are required for prose and poetry categories.
- Cover contest submissions must be 2-D art in a high quality digital file. There is a limit of three submissions per person.
"Red Clay Review brings the community and college together in a celebration of written and visual arts, and it also offers an opportunity for both seasoned writers and those just starting out to present their work," said Page. "As always, we are excited about the upcoming edition and pleased to see interest and submissions continue to increase. We've received great material already and hope many more writers and artists will contribute."
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017