Physical/Restorative Therapy Aide Program
This program provides entry-level education and training to per- form physical/restorative therapy aide tasks. The class includes an overview of the physical therapy profession, the role of the physical/restorative therapy aide, and associated career opportunities.
Topics include: medical terminology, patient charts, musculoskeletal anatomy, thermal and electrical modalities, ambulating techniques, spine safety, range of motion exercises, restorative ADL's and assistive devices, strengthening and cardiovascular exercise, massage, facility cleanliness/infection control issues, interpersonal skills, and ethics.
Physical Therapy Aides are not required to be licensed by the North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Long-term care facilities
- Specialty hospitals
- Home health agencies
|Classroom Based Clinical||24 hrs|
Amount due at Registration:
|Registration fee||$ 175.00|
|Mandatory liability insurance||$ 5.00|
|Student accident insurance||$ 1.25|
- Textbooks are required and available before the scheduled Orientation date. Because of price varia- tions from year to year, textbook prices are not listed.
- Lab coat is required when visiting a Physical Therapy Department if applicable.
Student Admission Requirements
- 18 years old or older
- US issued high school diploma or GED
- Photo ID and Social Security Card
- Successful completion of Healthcare Readiness course
- Documentation of the student eligibility information
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Current active status on the registry as a Nurse Aide I or II
- No reports of abuse or neglect by the certificating registries.
Program Completion Requirement
- Attend at least 85% of the class
- Maintain a course average of 75% or above
- Satisfactorily complete final written exam and lab practical