ECG/EKG Technician Training Program
The ECG Technician Course will academically and technically prepare individuals to accurately perform Electrocardiograms as a supportive diagnostic procedure.
Basic arrhythmia recognition will be taught to enable the student to recognize familiar ECG/EKG patterns including major life threatening rhythms.
The course will consist of theory and classroom-based clinical hours to promote competence.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student should be prepared to take the National ASPT EKG Certification Examination.
- Doctor's Offices
- Specialty Care Units
|Classroom Based Clinical||12 hrs|
- Textbooks are required and available before the Orientation. Because of price variation, textbook prices are not listed.
- No clinical externship is required for this class. There will be a classroom based clinical setting.
- No uniform is required for this class.
Student Admission Requirements
- 18 years old or older
- US issued High School diploma or GED
- Photo ID and Social Security Card
- Successful completion of Healthcare Readiness Course
- CPR certification
- Cardiac Monitoring Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Computer Class
- Spanish Classes
Program Completion Requirement
- Student must maintain a course average of 75 or above
- Attend at least 85% of the 60 hour
- Satisfactory completion of 12-lead EKG/ECG competency