Nurse Aide II
The Nurse Aide II course prepares graduates to perform more complex skills for patients or residents regardless of the setting. A skill/competency evaluation is required for documenting student competency. The course includes class, laboratory and clinical learning experiences.
Upon satisfactory completion of the course and skill/competency evaluation, the graduate is eligible to apply for listing as a Nurse Aide II by the North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide Registry. In all employment settings, the listed Nurse Aide II will work under the direction and supervision of licensed personnel.
PREREQUISITE: High School Diploma or GED and listed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
A required Orientation will be scheduled prior to the class.
- Long term care facilities, including skilled and intermediate care units
- Home health agencies
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Private homes
- Family care homes
- Any healthcare agency that employs a Nurse Aide II.
|Classroom and Laboratory||80 hrs|
Amount due at Registration:
|Registration fee||$ 175.00|
|Mandatory liability insurance||$ 5.00|
|Student accident insurance||$ 1.25|
- Textbooks are available at the CCCC Bookstore and are required. Because of price variations from year to year, textbook prices are not listed.
- FirstPoint Resources will charge a fee to complete the Criminal Background information. Please obtain fee information when registering for class.
- NC Board of Nurse Aide Registry requires an application fee due at completion of the course. Please discuss fees with the Instructor.
- Refer to the Instructor for facility's dress code policy.
Student Admission Requirements
- 18 years or older
- U. S. issued High School Diploma or GED
- Valid NAI registry listing & good standing with NCBON
- Photo ID and social security card
- Names appearing on the picture ID and social security card MUST be identical in spelling.
- Criminal Record check, completed through FirstPoint, prior to the scheduled orientation.
- Successful completion of Healthcare Readiness Course.
- CPR certification from AHA or ARC.
- TB skin test, current within one year
- Evidence of starting/completing Hepatitis B series or signed declination.
Program Completion Requirement
- Classroom/Laboratory = 1 day
- Clinical = 1 day