Higher Ed Resources
- Library Resources for Professional Development
- Your CCCC Library offers access to a world of resources to support your professional development! Find books about teaching and learning, leadership, academia, and more, or search for new research in your field using our databases.
- American Association of Community Colleges
- The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) is the primary advocacy organization for the nation’s community colleges. The association represents nearly 1,200 two-year, associate degree-granting institutions and more than 13 million students.
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Chronicle of Higher Education is available online in ProQuest Central from 1988 to five months ago, and in print from the last calendar year to present in Lee Main Campus Library. For articles published within the last five months, contact Tara Lucas, Library Director, or come into Lee Library and ask at the Information Desk.
- Education Sector @ American Institute for Research
- Education Sector is part of American Institutes for Research (AIR), one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us.
- EDUCAUSE® is a nonprofit association and the foremost community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education. EDUCAUSE helps those who lead, manage, and use information technology to shape strategic IT decisions at every level within higher education.
- North Carolina Community College System
- The mission of the North Carolina Community College System is to open the door to high-quality, accessible educational opportunities that minimize barriers to post-secondary education, maximize student success, develop a globally and multi-culturally competent workforce, and improve the lives and well being of N.C. citizens.
- North Carolina Learning Object Repository (NCLOR)
- The NCLOR system offers improved documentation management functionality including a robust search feature that will allow users to locate documents easily. These secure documents will be organized so that end users will be able to browse for resources by: CIS topic, document type, release package number and many other types of information.
- ProfHacker (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Teaching, tech, and productivity.
- The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) is the primary advocacy organization for the nation’s community colleges.
- Community College Research Center (CCRC)
- Community College Research Center (CCRC) studies issues affecting community colleges and contributes to the development of effective policy and practice.
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher education news, views, and job opportunities. Tweets, retweets, and occasional typos by associate editor @SerenaEGolden.
- North Carolina Learning Object Repository
- Twitter account for the North Carolina Learning Object Repository. explorthelor.org
- NC Community Colleges
- Creating success through education and workforce training, including basic skills and literacy education, occupational and pre-baccalaureate programs.
- ERIC (Education)
- The Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) is sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education. ERIC is the premier indexing and abstracting source for education and related disciplines. Journal and non-journal literature is indexed.