About the Libraries
The Central Carolina Community College Libraries serve students, faculty, and staff in our three county service area comprised of Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties. A library is located on the main campus in each county. In 2006, CCCC formed a partnership with Chatham County to build a joint-use library on the College's Pittsboro campus. The Chatham Community Library opened in September 2010 and serves CCCC students, as well as public library patrons.
CCCC is a member of the Community College Libraries in North Carolina (CCLINC) consortium. Access to the CCLINC Catalog is freely available online to all library users. You can search the collections of and request materials from the CCCC Libraries, as well as 48 community college library members. The CCCC Libraries also have cooperative agreements giving students borrowing privileges at the public libraries serving Harnett and Lee counties, and at Campbell University.
The Libraries have a variety of collection materials in print and audiovisual formats including over 32,000 books, over 2,000 audiovisual materials, and 177 periodical subscriptions collectively. In addition, students have access to over 70 online databases, including NC LIVE. Databases provide access to full-text articles, over 30,000 eBooks, over 5,000 eAudio Books and eVideos, and much more. For more information on our resources and services, see our Library Services & Policies.
The mission of the CCCC Libraries is to ensure information access and information literacy in supporting the educational programs and mission of the college.
To accomplish this mission, the Libraries strive to meet the following goals in serving the college community:
- To provide information resources in a variety of formats, including print and electronic, to support instructional programs, diverse patron needs, and varying aptitudes, while fostering personal growth and cultural enrichment.
- To instruct students, faculty, staff, and other patrons in the effective use of information resources, through class instruction and/or individual reference assistance, that they may become information literate library users.
- To provide computers and a variety of audiovisual equipment and other technologies for accessing electronic resources and facilitating instructional delivery and study.
- To provide access to additional information resources through cooperative relationships with other libraries, educational institutions, and consortia, as well as through interlibrary loan services.
- To provide resources and services to distance education learners that are equivalent to those offered to on-campus students.
- To maintain an environment conducive to study and learning by providing attractive, comfortable facilities and organized, accessible collections.
- To seek continual improvement and to meet the needs of the college community by maintaining open lines of communication and/or collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and other patrons through surveys, committees, Internet, social media, or other methods.
Lee County Hours
- 7:30 am - 8:00 pm
- 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Harnett County Hours
- 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
- 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Chatham County Hours
- Monday - Thursday
- 9 am - 8 pm
- 9 am - 6 pm
- 9 am - 5 pm