High School Students

Career and College Promise

return to main page

College Transfer Pathway

The College Transfer Pathway leads to completion of the general education requirements (first 2 years) of a baccalaureate degree.


  1. Must be a high school junior or senior
  2. Must have a weighted GPA of 3.0 on high school courses
  3. Must demonstrate college readiness (in English, reading, and mathematics) on an assessment or placement test

To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must

  1. Continue to make progress toward high school graduation, and
  2. Maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing two courses.

College Readiness* Benchmarks on Approved Diagnostic Assessment Tests

Test PLAN** PSAT** Asset
(NCCCS Cut Score)
(NCCCS Cut Score)
(NCCCS Cut Score)
English 15 45 41 Writing 70 Writing 86 Sentence Skills
Reading 18 47 41 Reading 81 Reading 80 Reading
Mathematics 19 47 41 Numerical Skills and 41 Int. Algebra 47 Pre-Algebra and 66 Algebra 55 Arithmetic and 75 Elem. Algebra
English 500
Critical Reading 500
Mathematics 500
English 18
Reading 22
Mathematics 22

College Transfer Pathways

Effective Fall 2014 the following pathways will replace the Core 44 Pathways listed above. *Please note new students may not enroll in previous pathways after Summer 2014

New students may not enroll in these pathways after May 2014. Students enrolled in these pathways prior to Summer 2014, may continue to complete coursework in their designated pathway

  • Humanities and Social Science
  • Business and Economics
  • Life and Health Sciences
  • Engineering and Mathematics

Student Application Procedures

Service Area High School Students:
Interested students need to work with their high school guidance counselors to enroll in Career and College Promise
The high school will document eligibility criteria (high school GPA and PLAN or other assessment scores) on the student's transcript.
Students must complete a college application to be admitted into a Career and College Promise pathway.
Homeschool Students:
If you are a home schooled student and are interested in taking college classes while still in high school, you must meet the same Career and College Promise requirements as a public or private school student. Please note that to be an official transcript from a home school, the home school must be able to provide its home school certification card from the Department of Non-Public Instruction, provide standardized test scores for each year of high school, show courses with grades, and show semester and cumulative grade point averages verified by the administrator's signature.

For More Information:


  • Virginia Brown
  • Career and College Promise Coordinator
  • (919) 718-7370
  • vbrown@cccc.edu
Play Games Online