Veterinary Medical Technology Program
The CCCC Veterinary Medical Technology Program is growing!
Central Carolina Community College Veterinary Medical Technology program is rated one of the top five in the country.
Since 1974, our program has provided excellent technical training, graduating 20 - 30 students each year.
As of 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has estimated that the demand for veterinary technicians will increase by 20% by the year 2020.
Like every good thing, it is time to grow and change so we can meet the future demands of this exciting and rewarding profession.
What are we doing?
As the demand for quality veterinary technicians rise, so does interest in our program. At CCCC, we have developed an innovative plan to expand the program to meet this need.
This expansion will include:
- Increased resources and space to serve more students
- A new, two-story, 12,850 square foot building that would allow our program to grow.
- Renovation of existing lab and kennel space
- The latest technology in the veterinary and educational fields
- Increased animal colonies to include large animals
How can YOU help?
We need YOU! The goal of this campaign is to raise over $5 million dollars to fund the expansion of the Vet Tech program. You can help this plan become a reality by making a charitable and tax deductible contribution through the CCCC Foundation.
With a gift to the Foundation, there are various naming opportunities available including:
- Building - $1,000,000
- Program - $100,000
- Faculty Office - $10,000
- Lab Space - $25,000
- Kennel Run - $5,000
- The Animal Hospital of Carrboro