Financial Aid

« FAQs

  • What types of assistance are available?
    The types of assistance include grants such as PELL, SEOG, NCSIG, and the North Carolina Community College Grant. CCCC also has the federally funded work-study program that gives students the opportunity to work and earn money on campus. Scholarships are also available through the completion of the scholarship application, which is due by March 31st. Scholarships are awarded both on the basis of financial need and academic merit.
  • How do I apply for financial aid?
    The Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) worksheets are available at CCCC campuses in Lillington, Pittsboro, and Sanford, NC. You can also apply online at You must reapply every year after January 1 for the upcoming fall term. The school code for CCCC is 005449.
  • What is the student aid report?
    After you have submitted an application you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). CCCC will also receive a copy. Be sure to carefully check the report for any incorrect information. If none, keep it for your records. If there are corrections, make them online at If you do not receive you SAR after about four weeks, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4FED-AID.
  • How is financial need determined?
    Financial need is determined by subtracting the amount that you or your family is expected to pay toward the cost (EFC) from the annual cost of your attendance. The difference is your financial need. Families with the highest need will be eligible for a greater percentage of grant assistance.
  • Who is eligible to receive financial aid?
    To be eligible for assistance you need to be admitted and enrolled in an approved curriculum major. Students enrolled as a special student (no major declared) or continuing education students are not eligible. PELL grants are available for part-time students. The amount of the grant funding is adjusted depending up the credit hours taken.
  • Is financial aid available for summer school?
    Some financial aid is available for the summer term. Pell grants may be received if the student remains eligible from the same or current year and was enrolled during the spring semester.
  • What if my family situation changes?
    When changes occur you should contact the Financial Aid Office to complete the necessary forms to ensure that your financial aid status is re-evaluated.
  • What is "satisfactory academic progress?"
    Federal regulations require that students maintain "satisfactory academic progress" to be eligible for financial aid. CCCC requires students to maintain a 2.00 Grade Point Average (GPA) in addition to completing 67% of your coursework each semester. Failure to do so could result in financial aid probation or termination. Probation or termination remains in effect until the student demonstrates satisfactory progress; that means earning a GPA of 2.0 or higher in all hours attempted and completion of 67% of your course work. If financial aid is terminated, the student is responsible for paying all educational costs for the next term. Once satisfactory progress is demonstrated, financial aid can be reinstated. The Financial Aid Office will advise students in writing when they are placed on financial aid probation or when aid is terminated.