« Apply for Aid
Students interested in applying for financial aid assistance must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To complete the financial aid application process, follow these steps:
- Obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) online at www.pin.ed.gov. This PIN will allow you to electronically sign your FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, your parent will also need to apply for a PIN.
- Complete the FAFSA application. You have three options to complete the FAFSA:
- Login to apply online (Recommended) at www.fafsa.gov
- Complete a PDF FAFSA (Must be mailed for processing) at www.fafsa.gov
- Request a paper FAFSA by calling 1-800-433-3242; for hearing impaired contact 1-800-730-8913.
- Make sure you put CCCC's school code: 005449 on your FAFSA!
- 3. Follow up. Approximately 4 weeks after filing your FAFSA, the federal processor will mail a Student Aid Report (SAR) to you at the address you listed on your FAFSA and/or email the SAR to the email address your listed on your FAFSA. It is YOUR responsibility to check the information carefully and make sure it is correct. The Financial Aid Office will NOT import your SAR until you have been accepted to CCCC. Once you are accepted, the Financial Aid Office will use the SAR data to determine your financial aid eligibility.
Students must complete a FAFSA each academic year.