Workforce Development Board
Through the Workforce Innovation Opportunities Act (WIOA), the Triangle South Workforce Development Board assists with training programs that are tailored to meet the needs of employers and job seekers through its business, adult, displaced worker, and youth programs.
Training assistance programs provide:
- On-the-job training (OJT) Grant
- A training program that utilizes the employer as the trainer
- A minimum of 50% reimbursement on new employee pay rate for an agreed time period
- A training subsidy designed to offset the costs associated with hiring and training new hires with skill gaps
- Custom literacy courses
- On-site, custom High School programs
- Skill retraining of workers
- NCWorks Customized Training
- Additional grant training opportunities
Does your organization meet the eligibility requirements?
- Employers who offer full-time, permanent jobs
- Employers who have an active workers' compensation policy
- Employers who keep accurate employee records
- Employers who have an Internal Revenue Service ID number
As the employer, you:
- Make the hiring decision
- Receive free screening, assessment, and referrals of applicants
- Determine job performance standards
- Receive monthly reimbursements
- Have the right to terminate a trainee
The Triangle South Workforce Development Board works with you, the participating employer, to develop a training plan that will close skill gaps, and meet your unique business needs.
If on-the-job training is a viable option for your business, contact Mike Peluso at 919-777-7725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.