The Innovation Center at Central Carolina Community College is the perfect venue to meet the training needs for business and industry. It provides flexible, customized industry skills training in a hands-on, short-course format. The Innovation Center is a world class training center for industrial innovation. Facilities include a simulated work environment, a fully-outfitted welding lab, an instrumentation lab, as well as additional classroom space. Central Carolina Community College\342\200\231s Industry Services office works with industries in Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties to maximize success through quality workforce training.
NCWorks Customized Training Program
The goal of industry training is to foster and support three criteria of your company\342\200\231s well-being: job growth, technology investment, and productivity enhancement. The NCWorks Customized Training program supports the economic development efforts of the State by providing education and training opportunities for eligible businesses and industries. Industry Services at Central Carolina Community College (CCCC) will work with your business to maximize success through quality workforce training at little to no cost to you.
Does your business meet 2 out of the 4 criteria?
- Making an appreciable capital investment
- Deploying new technology
- Creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the state
- Enhancing the productivity of the workforce
If so... you may be eligible to receive assistance. Contact Cathy Swindell, Director of Industry Services at (919) 178-7212 or Pamela Fincher, Industry Services Assistant at (919) 718-7490 for more information, or to discuss your training needs.
All training opportunities can be customized to fit your business needs.
Training options for industries include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing Culture
- Work Ethics
- Workplace Violence (prevention)
- IOS 9001
- TS169/49 (automotive quality)
- Quality Overview
- Problem Solving
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Standard Work
- Internal Auditing
- Computer Literacy
- Technical Presentation Skills
- Blueprint Reading
- Beginning-Advanced Math & Measurement
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Autonomous Maintenance/TPM (Total Predictive Maintenance)
- Forklift Safety
- Forklift Operation (certification)
- Electrician License Preparation (industrial)
- OSHA Topics: 10hr, 30hr, HAZMAT, HAZWOPER
- Confined Space Entry
- Lockout/Tagout (affected/authorized)
- Arc Flash (NFPA 70E)
- Safety System Development/Implementation
- Safety Inspector Training
- Blood Borne Pathogens
Leadership, Team Skills, Human Resources
- Frontline Leadership
- Team Skills/Team Transformation
- Customer Service
- Prohibited Harassment
- Workplace Laws
- Recruiting/Interviewing/Hiring Practices
- Employee Assessment
- Train-the-Trainer for OJT
If you are ready to develop a winning workforce, we are ready to be your partner! Contact an Industry Services representative (listed above), or a business outreach representative in your area: Sara Lambert, Chatham County (919) 548-6131, Angie Stewart, Harnett County (910) 814-8819, Mike Peluso, Lee County (919) 777-7725.
The Innovation Center has provided training resources, normally reserved for larger companies, that has helped to enrich our workforce. They've provided a much needed re-emphasis on manufacturing in Lee, Chatham, and Harnett counties."
President Red Wolf Co., LLC
If you are ready to develop a winning workforce, we are ready to be your partner! Contact the representative in your area: Sara Lambert, Chatham County (919) 548-6131, Angie Stewart, Harnett County (910) 814-8819, Mike Peluso, Lee County (919) 777-7725, Cathy Swindell, Director of Industry Services (919) 718-7212