The goal of industry training is to foster and support three criteria of your company?s well being: job growth, technology investment, and productivity enhancement. The NCWorks Customized Training program supports the economic development efforts of the state, by providing education and training opportunities for eligible businesses and industries. Industry Services at Central Carolina Community College (CCCC) will work with your business to maximize success through quality workforce training at little to no cost to you.
Training support-Does your business meet 2 out of the 4 criteria?
- Is your business making an appreciable capital investment
- Is your business deploying new technology
- Is your business creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the state
- Will the skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance
If so... you may be eligible to receive assistance.
How does it work?
Project funding is based on training needs, number to be trained, and cost of training.
The types of businesses and industries who are eligible for support through Customized Training include:
- Manufacturing/processing industries
- Customer support centers
- Warehousing and distribution centers
- Maintenance within any organization
- Technology intensive
- Air courier services
The Innovation Center at Central Carolina Community College is the perfect venue to meet the training needs for business and industry. It provides flexible, customized industry skills training in a hands-on, short-course format. The Innovation Center provides:
- Simulated Work Environment (SWE)
- Fully outfitted welding shop
- Instrumentation/controls lab
- Adaptable classroom and collaborative meeting facilities
The Innovation Center has provided training resources, normally reserved for larger companies, that has helped to enrich our workforce. They've provided a much needed re-emphasis on manufacturing in Lee, Chatham, and Harnett counties."
President Red Wolf Co., LLC
If you are ready to develop a winning workforce, we are ready to be your partner! Contact the representative in your area: Sara Lambert, Chatham County (919) 548-6131, Angie Stewart, Harnett County (910) 814-8819, Mike Peluso, Lee County (919) 777-7725, Cathy Swindell, Director of Industry Services (919) 718-7212
To review examples of training options for your industry, click here.