The goal of industry training is to foster and support three criteria of your company?s well being: job growth, technology investment, and productivity enhancement. The NCWorks Customized Training program supports the economic development efforts of the state, by providing education and training opportunities for eligible businesses and industries. Industry Services at Central Carolina Community College (CCCC) will work with your business to maximize success through quality workforce training at little to no cost to you.
Training support-Does your business meet 2 out of the 4 criteria?
- Is your business making an appreciable capital investment
- Is your business deploying new technology
- Is your business creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the state
- Will the skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance
If so... you may be eligible to receive assistance.
How does it work?
Project funding is based on training needs, number to be trained, and cost of training.
The types of businesses and industries who are eligible for support through Customized Training include:
- Manufacturing/processing industries
- Customer support centers
- Warehousing and distribution centers
- Maintenance within any organization
- Technology intensive
- Air courier services
The Innovation Center at Central Carolina Community College is the perfect venue to meet the training needs for business and industry. It provides flexible, customized industry skills training in a hands-on, short-course format. The Innovation Center provides:
- Simulated Work Environment (SWE)
- Fully outfitted welding shop
- Instrumentation/controls lab
- Adaptable classroom and collaborative meeting facilities
Workforce Continuing Education training programs are designed to provide instructional opportunities for individuals seeking to gain new and/or upgrade current job-related skills. Training programs provide instruction around skill competencies that lead to a recognized credential (licensure, certification, renewal, registry listing) and/or meets local workforce labor needs.
Central Carolina Community College provides a strong training foundation for classes and programs uniquely designed to support economic and workforce development within our three-county service area, including Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties.
All training opportunities can be customized to fit your business needs.
Training options for industries:
- Manufacturing Culture
- Work Ethics
- Workplace Violence (prevention)
- IOS 9001
- TS169/49 (automotive quality)
- Quality Overview
- Problem Solving
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Standard Work
- Internal Auditing
- Computer Literacy
- Technical Presentation Skills
- Blueprint Reading
- Beginning-Advanced Math & Measurement
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Autonomous Maintenance/TPM (Total Predictive Maintenance)
- Forklift Safety
- Forklift Operation (certification)
- Electrician License Preparation (industrial)
- OSHA Topics: 10hr, 30hr, HAZMAT, HAZWOPER
- Confined Space Entry
- Lockout/Tagout (affected/authorized)
- Arc Flash (NFPA 70E)
- Safety System Development/Implementation
- Safety Inspector Training
- Blood Borne Pathogens
Leadership, Team Skills, Human Resources
- Frontline Leadership
- Team Skills/Team Transformation
- Customer Service
- Prohibited Harassment
- Workplace Laws
- Recruiting/Interviewing/Hiring Practices
- Employee Assessment
- Train-the-Trainer for OJT
The Innovation Center has provided training resources, normally reserved for larger companies, that has helped to enrich our workforce. They've provided a much needed re-emphasis on manufacturing in Lee, Chatham, and Harnett counties."
President Red Wolf Co., LLC
If you are ready to develop a winning workforce, we are ready to be your partner! Contact the representative in your area: Sara Lambert, Chatham County (919) 548-6131, Angie Stewart, Harnett County (910) 814-8819, Mike Peluso, Lee County (919) 777-7725, Cathy Swindell, Director of Industry Services (919) 718-7212