The application deadline for this program is February 18, 2019. To obtain an application, students must first meet all minimum admissions criteria (MAC) for the academic program.
TOnce the Minimum Admissions Criteria (MAC) have been met, students may obtain the online application link from their Admissions Specialist and submit the application along with any required documentation or materials by the deadline.
Applications will be available beginning September 10, 2018. Before meeting with an Admissions Specialist, please be sure to view the Online Information Session and complete the final assessment. The Online Information Session will provide vital information about the admissions process for this program.
Once all applications have been reviewed, applicants will be notified on March 15, 2019.
Central Carolina Community College's Dental Hygiene Program prepares you to become a valuable member of the healthcare team as a registered dental hygienist. As a student you will learn the skills and values needed to positively impact a patient's life. Upon graduation, you will be well qualified for a career in dental hygiene.
Students successfully completing the Dental Hygiene Program will be able to:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive dental hygiene care
- Monitoring of patient's medical history including taking vitals
- Removal of calculus, plaque and stain from teeth
- Application of fluorides and sealants
- Oral hygiene instruction
- Dietary analysis and counseling
- Exposure, processing and interpreting dental radiographs
- Oral cancer screenings
- Designing and implementing community dental health programs
- Become involved in the American Dental Hygienists' Association and other state and local components
A dental hygienist may work in such practice setting as:
- Private dental offices and dental clinics
- Federal, state and local health departments
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- School districts or departments of education
- Educational programs for dental, dental hygiene, and dental assisting
- Private business/industry
- Correctional facilities
- Private and public centers for pediatric, geriatric and other individuals/groups with special needs
- Health Maintenance Organizations