IN THIS ISSUE:
- Blackboard Mobile™ Learn
- New Facebook Page
- Security Tip: Change your Blackboard Password
- Blackboard Tip
- Eight Week Distance Education Classes Still Available
- Proctored Exams
- Important Dates
- Distance Education Contact Information
The college has purchased the Blackboard App: Blackboard Mobile™ Learn in order to provide students a more flexible way to access their Blackboard course sites. The App is now available for download at no cost to any mobile device regardless of service provider.
Central Carolina Community College’s Distance Education Department has created a new Facebook page. Join us on Facebook.
Please be sure to protect the security of your Blackboard accounts. Remember to choose a password that would not be easily determined by others. For example, include special characters, upper and lower case letters, and numbers.
To change your password in Blackboard, login as you normally would and follow the steps below.
- Once you are logged in, look at the "Tools" area on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click on the "Personal Information" link.
- Click on the "Change Password" link.
- Complete the fields to change your password using the advice above about creating a more secure password.
- Click "Submit". You now have a new Blackboard password. You username, however, does not change.
An alternate way to access the Blackboard Login page:
By bookmarking this URL, you can bypass the CCCC website and go directly to Blackboard. This means you don’t lose Blackboard access when the college is down or slow.
Notice: Eight week distance classes are still available if you need to pick up another course this fall semester. The last day to register for an eight week course is October 11th, and classes begin October 15th.
For more information, contact: 919.718.7529 or 1.800.682.8353
On-Site Proctored Exams
Distance Education proctored midterm exams will be held on October 15th from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Civic Center located near the Lee County Campus. The latest any exam may be checked out is 7:00 p.m. You will need to provide a picture ID in order to obtain an exam. Please be sure you know the course you are taking, the section number, and your instructor’s name. For further information on onsite proctored exams, visit the link on our website.
Off-Site Proctored Exams
Students who live outside the three county service area may apply to take their exam with an off-site proctor. All students seeking off-site proctors must read the guidelines and submit a completed student/proctor agreement form no later than October 8, 2012 for midterms or December 3rd for finals.
- October 12th - First 8-Week Classes End
- October 15th - Second 8-Week Classes Begin (8 week)
- October 15th - Proctored Distance Midterm exams Note: Online exam dates may vary.
- October 18th - Last day to complete orientation quiz for Second 8-Week Classes
- October 19th - Last day to apply and pay fees for fall graduates
Director of Distance Education
Bianka can help you with your questions and concerns about distance education policies and procedures as well as ensure you get the answers you need from the college.
Distance Education Advisor and Success Coach
Cristian can help you with advising concerning program of study, course concerns, and student services.
Distance Education Coordinator
Amanda can help you with technical issues in your distance courses.
Distance Education Specialist and Blackboard Administrator
Jennifer can help you with your technical issues, questions about orientations, and proctored exams in distance courses.