IN THIS ISSUE:
- Blackboard 9.1
- Need Assistance?
- Faculty Profile
- Academic Assistance Services
- Web Tools
- Important Dates
Just prior to the start of this semester the version of Blackboard in use was updated. Students should not notice any changes to the way Blackboard looks or functions.
Students should note that Firefox is the preferred browser for Blackboard.
Students are encouraged to visit the Cougar's Den, available online. Here, students are able to locate information in the form of tutorials and FAQs pertaining to many topics related to distance classes. This includes things such as Blackboard related tasks, Cougar Mail, Webadvisor, Final Exams, and much more! Students are able to call for assistance with the following:
- Blackboard: 1.866.834.6894
- Cougar Mail: 1.919.718.7397
- WebAdvisor: 1.919.718.7201
- General: 1.919.718.7529
*If contacting CCCC is not a local call for you, and you live in NC, use the toll-free number (1.800.682.8353). The last 4 digits of the numbers above serve as the extensions for the toll free number.
Mrs. Coggins is a Lee County native and no stranger to CCCC. She is a 1971 graduate who went on to obtain her B.S. in Technology from Appalachian. After teaching for 31 years in Lee County Schools, she began teaching OST classes on an adjunct basis. These classes focus on showing students how to effectively and efficiently work in an office setting. She enjoys teaching online because of the technology involved and uses Blackboard to its full benefit. Mrs. Coggins has the following tips for distance students:
- Access Blackboard often to meet deadlines and submit assignments in a timely manner.
- Communicate with your instructor immediately if you are having a problem with an assignment.
- If at all possible, work ahead of schedule instead of trying to catch up at the end of the semester.
In her spare time, she enjoys gardening, pets, sports, and family. With herself, her husband, and her son each pulling for a different team, playoffs become quite exciting in the Coggins household.
The services provided by the Academic Assistance Center are not only for seated students. Distance students, both local and remote, are encouraged to take advantage of the services also. Some of the services available include:
- Tutoring (free) for most classes in person and online via Smarthinking.
- Open computer labs and listening language labs.
- Testing services for make-up tests, as well as many computer certifications.
Students should contact their nearest campus's AAC for hours.
- Chatham - 919.545.8029
- Harnett - 919.814.8809
- Lee - 919.718.7361
We encourage you to utilize our Academic Assistance Centers - located on the Lillington, Pittsboro and Sanford campuses. It is our goal to provide you high quality tutoring, modern technology as well as an environment that is conducive to learning.
Need to take your bookmarked sites with you on the go? Online collections are the way to go! Two such websites are delicious.com and iKeepBookmarks.com. Both sites are free and allow you to keep your lists private or public.
Bookmarks not the only thing you need to be accessible online? Files can also be uploaded to dropbox.com. Files can be synced from a computer or other device and retrieved by another.
- June 27 - last day to remove "I" from spring semester
- July 11 - last day to withdraw without "WF" (8 week)
- July 20 - last day to withdraw without "WF" (10 week)
- July 25 - last day of class (8 week)
- August 8 - last day of class (8 week)