Central Carolina Community College's Dental Assisting Program provides top-quality training for careers as a dental assistant. These are well-paying careers for those who enjoy working closely with patients, helping them achieve and maintain good oral health.
Watch the video below from the American Dental Association to learn more about Dental Assisting, and how important this career is to the oral health of patients.
Students successfully completing the Dental Assisting Program will be able to:
- Perform chair-side procedures of four-handed dentistry
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment and prepare tray setups for dental procedures
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care
- Maintain clinical and financial records, patient scheduling, and supply and inventory control
- Expose dental radiographs
- Place dental sealants
- Perform coronal polishing
- Create night guards, sports guards, and whitening trays
- Complete the Dental Assisting National Board
Careers in the Dental Assisting field include the following:
- General Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry