Now Enrolling For Lee and Chatham Programs!
Welcome to Culinary Arts - Grow your palate!
Are you a creative, enthusiastic, and resourceful person who is ready to join a constantly changing, ever growing field?
Hospitality careers are one of the fastest growing segments of our economy. Locally, the Triangle is experiencing an economic boom from several hospitality properties being developed, from breweries, to farm to table focused restaurants, to large food service establishments. Food service companies are the largest private employers in the country. The restaurant industry is expected to add 1.9 million jobs by 2016.
If you think you have the motivation for the culinary arts field, please take some time to find out more about us and our program.
The Culinary Arts curriculum provides specific training required to prepare students to assume positions as culinary professionals in a variety of food service settings including full service restaurants, hotels, resorts, clubs, catering operations, contract food service, and health facilities with a sustainable and farm to table focus.
A curriculum offering emphasis on practical application, sustainable practices, and professionalism. The course also provides the critical competencies to successfully meet industry demands.
Articulation with Johnson and Wales University is available upon successful completion for those who are interested in a B.S. degree. With our training and job experience, graduates may advance to positions such as sous chef, executive chef, or foodservice manager.
Some major points of our curriculum:
- Low student/ teacher ratio at 10:1
- A green/sustainable focused program
- Entry level classes offered fall and spring.
- Fast Track Program Available (completion possible in only one year)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accredited
- Instructors with wide ranging culinary experience and education
What Students Learn
Students who successfully complete the Culinary Arts Program will be able to:
- Master the skills needed to operate a safe and sanitary food service facility
- Design and price a culinary menu
- Apply the standard and fundamental cooking methods of the culinary arts industry
- Demonstrate and execute an off-site catered meal
- Master the skills needed to be successful in the culinary industry
- Identify and evaluate appropriate and necessary industry standards in culinary with a focus on healthy cooking
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in culinary with a focus on farm to table cuisine
- Demonstrate the general skills required for success in the culinary profession