First Year Experience
CCCC offers a First Year Experience (FYE) that prepares our students for college life and helps them develop the skills necessary to be successful. The CCCC FYE program is designed to provide support and encouragement to new students at CCCC and help set them on the path to personal and academic success.
This CCCC First Year Experience includes:
- Pre-College Planning Workshops - These workshops are aimed at incoming students to help them prepare for their first semester at CCCC. The workshops will place an emphasis on the financial aid process and scholarships, the admissions process, important registration dates and enrollment documents, and "mini" placement review sessions.
- New Student Orientation - NSO is your first introduction to the CCCC community after admission. NSO will help you learn more about the school, your academic program, and will help you begin developing positive relationships with CCCC faculty, staff, and students. It also provides an opportunity to get necessary paperwork taken care of ahead of time so you can focus on your academic success.
- Intrusive Advising - The College Success Center provides students with a point of contact for all questions related to course selection and requirements for graduation. Our AVISO early alert and academic planning system provides faculty and staff with a tool to alert you if they recognize any issues or areas of concern that could prevent your success.
- ACA First Year Experience Courses (ACA 111, ACA 115, ACA 122) - Entering students are required to take an ACA course to help you understand the behaviors, resources, and academic policies you'll need to be successful at CCCC and beyond.
- College Success Workshops - These workshops are aimed at helping students develop as independent, self-confident, efficient learners through improved study skills and academic performance which can aid in success in college and life. Some workshop topics include General Study Skills, Time Management, Stress Management, and Test Taking Strategies.