Tuesday, September 16, 2014
- All Day
- 12-week and Developmental Math Module (DMA-2) classes begin
- Specific Location:
- General Location: Central Carolina Dental Center, Distant, Dunn Cosmetology, Emergency Services Training Center (ESTC), Harnett Correctional (HCI), Lillington Campus, NC School of Telecommunications (NCST), Pittsboro Campus, SAGE Metal Shop, Sanford Campus, Sculpture/Pottery Studio at the Arts Incubator, Siler City Center, West Harnett Center
- Audience: Curriculum, Distance Education
- 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Learn to Write an Impressive Resume and Cover Letter Workshop
Career Development Workshop: Learn to Write an Impressive Resume and Cover Letter
Date: September 16, 2014, Tuesday
Time: 2:00-3:30 pm
Location: Central Carolina Community College, Lillington Campus, Miriello Bldg. Room 141
Does your resume and cover letter need some updating or do you not have either? Let the CCCC Career Counselor at the Harnett County Campus help! At this workshop you will increase your understanding of how your resume and cover letter are used in the job search process and how to make sure that they target your career goals. Learn how to compose a resume that reflects your greatest strengths and talents and explore different resume formats. By the end of this workshop your resume and cover letter will say, "Interview me!"
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- Do's and Don'ts of Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Discussion on Four (4) Types of Resume Formats and the advantages & disadvantages
- Overview of how to keep your resume and cover letter professional in tone and content
- Introduction to ONET Online as a resume writing tool
- How to utilize your references to your advantage
Please RSVP for this workshop by sending an email to Marie Huggins, Career Development Specialist at email@example.com no later than Monday, September 15, 2014 at 4:00pm with an email that has a Subject Line: Impressive Resume and Cover Letter Workshop. In the Body of the Email include: Your name and preferred method of contact.
After receipt of this information you will receive a return email confirming your reservation.
Look forward to seeing you at the Workshop!!
- Specific Location: Miriello Bldg. Room 141
- General Location: Lillington Campus
- Audience: All