Deferred Payment Plan
Deferred Payment Office:
- Lee Main Campus
- Hockaday Hall, Building 09
- Phone: 919-718-7356
- Fax: 919-718-7460
To help meet your education expenses, CCCC is proud to offer NELNET tuition payment plan as a convenient payment plan. This is not a loan program or financial aid. There is no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check.
The cost to budget your interest-free payment plan is a $30 per semester NELNET Enrollment Fee that is paid by CCCC to NELNET for their service.
You may finance your tuition, fees, and books using Automatic Bank Payment (ACH). ACH payments are those payments you have authorized NELNET to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-approved for your expenses at CCCC.
Payments may be made from either your checking or credit card/debit card. Payments are processed on the 5th or 20th of the month and continue until the balance is paid in full.
Enrollment in NELNET is done entirely online. To enroll you must have a checking account, credit card/debit card or savings account, an email account, and your student ID number. (Failure to use your student ID may result in your payment not being applied to your account or your agreement being terminated)
To enroll, visit the NELNET website. Please read the terms carefully before proceeding. The required down payment is processed immediately.
NELNET to Remember:
- NELNET agreements are valid only one semester. You must enroll in NELNET each semester.
- You must notify the Business Office to stop your payments. Your agreement will NOT be automatically terminated or adjusted if you drop/withdraw or receive financial aid after you enroll in NELNET.
- You must be enrolled in NELNET by the stated last day to pay, or you will be dropped from your classes and need to reregister. Please be aware of payment deadlines.
- NELNET accounts are adjusted to reflect your actual amount due after the add/drop period ends. You will receive an email from NELNET once your account is adjusted showing your new monthly payment amount.
- NELNET payments take approximately 10 business days from the time drawn on your account before they are posted to your student account.
- The cost of books can be financed through NELNET. To purchase books using your NELNET account, you will need a book charge sheet (issued by the NELNET staff on each campus). The cost of the books will be added to your student and NELNET account; thereby, increasing or decreasing your monthly payment.
- Returned payments are subject to a $30 returned payment fee assessed by NELNET.(This fee will not be paid by CCCC)
- Down payments or enrollment fees returned for any reason will result in NELNET terminating your agreement, and you will not be able to use this service. Please plan accordingly.
- Any NELNET agreements that are terminated will need to be paid at the Business Office window.
- All collection policies apply to past-due NELNET accounts.