New Student Orientation
Welcome to CCCC! We are excited that you have chosen to attend CCCC. Central Carolina's New Student Orientation program is a wonderful opportunity to get questions answered and get started navigating the logistics associated with starting college or transferring from one school to another. It is also an opportunity to make friends and have FUN!
The New Student Orientation program hosts organized, purposeful, and positive introduction sessions for all new CCCC students and their families. These sessions help them become familiar with services and programs vital to their successful transition as full and active members of the CCCC community. Partnering collaboratively with other college offices and departments, these sessions help students gain the skills, information and meaningful relationships important to successful long-term academic and personal outcome.
|There are currently no orientations scheduled for the upcoming semester, please check back later or contact an Admissions Counselor. Students already registered for courses may opt to take an online orientation, see listing below.|
|Online||Everyday||Students must already be registered for courses in order to register to take the online orientation.||Register for Online NSO|
What to Bring
- SAT or ACT Scores: If you have not turned in SAT or ACT scores, you can bring them the day of your orientation.
- Transcripts: All official transcripts must be sent to the CCCC Registrar's office:
1105 Kelly Drive
Sanford, NC 27330
- FAFSA Documents: If you have not applied for FAFSA, here is a list of all the required documents you will need to bring. There will be opportunities for help in applying for FAFSA.
Students who need an accommodation during the New Student Orientation program, should provide this information on the Registration Form. We will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations based on the information provided to ensure that students can maximize their participation and enjoyment during the New Student Orientation Program. The time of notification and the nature of the accommodation requested may limit the services that can be provided. However, we will work with the Student Accessibility Services Office to review each request and determine services that may be available.
If a student has a temporary disability or injury after registration, for which mobility assistance or other services may be needed, please email our office to make the necessary arrangements by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who should I contact if I have questions about New Student Orientation?
- For further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 919-718-7485. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Do I have to register online to attend CCCC's Orientation?
- We encourage you to register online to ensure there is enough space and material to accommodate all participants. When maximum room capacity is reached, reservations will be closed.
- Can parents or family members attend Orientation? Do they need to register also?
- Yes! A student can bring up to 1 adult. Please include them in the "number of people attending" as you register for your orientation session.
- If I am a distance learner, am I able to attend New Student Orientation Online?
- Yes! CCCC provides an Online Orientation module. The first step to complete NSO, is to register online.
- How do I register for Orientation specifically by location?
- The Orientation sessions listed above are listed by Date, Starting Time, and Campus. Please click a session that best fits your schedule, and then click the "register" link. You will be asked a couple of questions for verification purposes and that will complete the registration process.
- How will I know my online registration has been received?
- You will receive a confirmation email from CCCC after registering at least one week prior to your New Student Orientation Session, which will provide all the details about your Orientation session. This email will be sent to the email address that you choose to list during the registration process.
- Are ALL new students required to attend an Orientation session?
- Students who attend college orientation programs are better prepared academically to start their first semester of college. Attendance is required for ALL incoming students.
- Which campus should I go to for Orientation?
- It doesn't matter. However, it's a good idea to attend the campus where most of your classes are held so you can become familiar with that campus and its resources.
- Can I pay for tuition and fees on my CCCC Orientation Day?
- YES, depending on the date of orientation.
- Can my children attend the CCCC orientation?
- The CCCC orientation is designed for college students and their adult family members. Therefore, children are not encouraged to attend.
- Can I register for classes and/or take placement testing?
- Yes, there is time set aside during each orientation session for students to meet with an Advisor. Students should review their Program of Study to prepare for advising and registration. Check out the Placement Testing Webpage to prepare for the test and review your Program of Study to prepare for registration.
- What if I cannot attend one of the Summer Orientation dates?
- We provide a variety of sessions to accommodate the busy schedules of our new students. If you are unable to attend one of our Orientation sessions, please consider registering for an Online New Student Orientation sessions.
Please take a moment to fill out the New Student Orientation (NSO) survey. Your feedback will help improve future orientations.