At Central Carolina Community College, we understand the unique needs of service members and their spouses. This is why we work to make it possible for you to finish your college education, regardless of location. Whether you want to earn points toward promotion or to transfer credits toward a bachelor's degree, our staff will work to build a plan that's right for you. You can count on CCCC to provide the education you deserve.
- Do I qualify for VA benefits?
- The Veterans Administration will make a determination of whether or not you qualify for Veterans Benefits, including your monthly benefit amount, after you have submitted your application for VA Benefits. For questions and inquiries regarding VA Education Benefits, students should call 1-888-442-4551 or visit the VA Website.
- How do I apply for VA benefits?
- You can apply for benefits by filling out VA form 22-1990 or 22-5490 (Used for Dependent benefits). You may apply online at Veterans Online Application Website. Please save a copy of the application, with signature page for the CCCC Veteran Services office.
- When may I expect to receive my first check?
- It is difficult to give a specific time when the first check may be received. The time varies, depending on the volume of work at the VA Regional Processing Office.
- May I receive federal financial aid and VA Education Benefits during my enrollment?
- Many students are eligible to receive both. You are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility.
VA Contact Information
- Education Benefit Inquiries - 888-442-4551
- Verification of Attendance - 877-823-2378 (CH. 30, 1606, 1607)
- Direct Deposit (VA Benefits) - 877-838-2778